Positions Currently Available at McNally Smith:
Online Marketing Manager
McNally Smith College of Music is seeking an Online Marketing Manager with deep experience developing and executing revenue-generating lead nurturing and demand generation campaigns. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of building and executing campaigns that leverage various inbound marketing channels – including SEO, display and PPC advertising, email, blogs, content, and social media – to generate and increase the number of qualified leads.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead and help plan the execution of all demand generation campaigns, with a specific focus on top-of-funnel and mid-funnel lead nurturing.
- In collaboration with the V.P. of Marketing and Director of Admissions, develop and manage effective lead nurturing campaigns that move leads through a complex buying cycle.
- Establish system to track lead lifecycle to understand which types of content and marketing channels produce the most valuable leads.
- Work with in-house content development team to develop and execute inbound marketing campaigns using compelling content.
- Build drip campaigns and event-specific email campaigns. Manage all campaign elements, such as list segmentation and targeting, content creation, email and landing page creation, and tracking/reporting.
- Work with design team to implement and optimize email and landing page designs based on best practices and insights gleaned from analytics.
- Establish KPI dashboard to report on online marketing performance (campaigns, advertising, engagement, website traffic and conversion, etc.).
- Work with content development team on day-to-day maintenance and updating of all online content including repurposing content across multiple channels.
- Develop and manage PPC and display campaigns.
- Research higher education marketing trends and provide ongoing recommendations.
- Strong background in all-things inbound marketing, including SEM and SEO, with a proven track record of running integrated programs that deliver bottom-line results
- Experience with marketing automation software (e.g., Marketo, Eloqua, etc.), project management software, content platforms and analytics programs, including Google Analytics
- Expertise managing Google Adwords campaigns
- Experience integrating marketing automation software with a CRM and helping define lead scoring rules
- Stellar project management skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Extremely detail oriented and deadline driven – editorial/publishing experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient background in HTML and CSS preferred
- Creative arts/music background strongly preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related disciplines
Type and Length of Experience:
5 years experience in program or marketing management role
Please submit a resume, a link to your online portfolio, and salary requirements. Do not send media files — please provide links to download.
This is a full time position with benefits package that includes:
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- 13 Paid Holidays + 1 Floating Holiday
- Transportation Benefit
This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing.
Materials must be submitted by Friday, March 14, 2014.
No phone calls please.
Part Time Residence Hall Coordinator
McNally Smith College of Music is a four-year, private, contemporary music college that provides degrees in Music Business, Music Performance, Music Technology, and Composition. The College’s current ResidenceHall is 6 blocks from campus in downtown St. Paul, Minnesota. It consists of 3 floors of a multi-use, historic building.
The Part Time Residence Hall Coordinator is a live-in position that provides shared supervision, guidance, and care for 120 college students and manages the operations of the College’s residence housing unit with another Residence Hall Coordinator. The Part Time Residence Hall Coordinator will work 20–30 hours per week, as well as serve as an on-call professional on some weeknights and weekends.
The following duties are to be shared with the other Residence Hall Coordinator:
- Provide appropriate responses to resident concerns and behaviors, including crisis situations, behavioral concerns, alcohol & drug issues, and student conflicts
- Advise, confer, and offer appropriate referrals to students who exhibit academic and personal concerns
- Participate in training, supervision, and evaluation of Resident Assistants (R.A.s)
- Participate in weekly Student Affairs staff meetings and Residence Life meetings, if schedule permits
- Act as a liaison with residence hall building management
- Represent residence life during college open houses
- Responsible to share on-call weeknights & weekends with the other Hall Coordinator
- Oversee the bi-weekly shuttle service between the Residence Hall and Target (and when needed, drive)
- Accurate reporting of incidents and resident concerns
- May chaperone social functions
- Oversee sorting & distribution of mail to residents
- Some maintenance work & residence hall upkeep will be required
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate student preferred
- 1-2 years prior residence assistant or residence hall leader experience
- Ability to communicate well and build relationships with college music students
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills — accurate report writing is critical to the job.
- Must be even-tempered and able to deal with crisis and disciplinary situations with residents and R.A.s
- First Aid & CPR certification preferred
- Valid driver’s license preferred
Note: This position may have periods of heavy work at the start and end of each semester, moving wardrobe units, bunk beds, mattresses, and other dorm furniture to and from storage.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Student Affairs.
Applications must be received no later than March 21, 2014.
No phone calls please.
Adjunct Songwriting Instructor
McNally Smith College of Music Composition and Songwriting Department seeks an Adjunct (Part-time) Songwriting Instructor for Bachelors of Music Composition Degree Program.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• 10+ years working as a professional songwriter in the field of popular and commercial music
• Some music teaching experience (preferred but not mandatory)
- Mastery of song form
- Mastery of functional harmonic analysis
- Mastery of tonal theory concepts
- Mastery of modal interchange chords
- Mastery of instrumental “hook” writing
- Mastery of effective melody writing
- Mastery of effective lyric writing
- Mastery of effective groove writing
- Mastery of modulations
- Ability to notate music
- Ability to read music
- Basic music production skills (audio and MIDI)
Bachelor’s Degree in Songwriting or Composition (preferred but not mandatory)
Industry recognition in the form of any awards (preferred but not mandatory)
Applications must be received no later than March 30, 2014.
No phone calls please.
*Please attach college transcripts along with three audio examples of original songs/compositions via mp3 or You Tube link. Please include any accompanying charts or lead sheets if possible.
McNally Smith College of Music is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation in employment or the provision of services