Positions Currently Available:
Voice Department: Full-Time & Adjunct Instructors
McNally Smith College of Music is seeking both full-time and adjunct (part-time) voice instructors for the 2017-18 academic year. The number of instructors hired and the number of assigned teaching hours varies from semester to semester, depending upon the needs of the college. Initial appointment to begin September 2017.
Primary responsibilities include teaching (private major and non-major voice lessons, courses in the undergraduate performance program for voice) and directing ensembles; may also include supporting tasks such as auditioning prospective students and adjudicating juries and recital hearings.
Full-time instructors will also be responsible for advising students and serving on committees (as needed).
Must be generally available Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm, though there is some flexibility with schedules. May also require availability in the evenings and weekends for performances.
- Significant experience as a professional vocalist in the field of popular music (5 years minimum)
- Minimum of 3 years music/voice teaching experience (at the college level preferred)
- Mastery of commercial or popular vocal technique
- Mastery of music theory and ear training, particularly jazz and popular styles
- Mastery of popular musical interpretation and styles
- Comfortable reading and notating traditional sheet music, lead sheets and chord charts
- Ability to accompany students in vocal exercises and basic repertoire
- Ability and sensibility to learn and contribute to the curriculum in the Voice Department
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient with Google Docs, Calendar and Gmail
- Industry recognition in the form of any awards or notable performances
- Basic music production skills (audio and MIDI)
- Songwriting/composition/arranging skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music or equivalent experience teaching commercial/jazz/theater voice
- Master’s Degree in Music (preferred but not required)
- Cover letter (in PDF format)
- Resume or CV (in PDF format)
- College transcripts
- Three (3) audio examples via MP3 or link
- Applications will be accepted through Thursday, July 20, 2017