Positions Currently Available at McNally Smith:
McNally Smith College of Music is looking to hire a System Administrator. This person will provide technology support for a primarily Apple-based user environment, and any hardware or software interfacing with the campus technology environment. This person will also provide first line support for all servers, hardware, and software where user interaction is required, as well as assist in daily duties prescribed by Director of IT.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Primary decision maker for employee and student computer management policies and deployment. Including hardware selection, software, and upgrade paths
- Administrate front end Exchange Email tasks; Including creating/removing accounts, modifying groups, creating policies, and direct user support
- Administrate front end Active Directory tasks; Including creating/removing accounts and modifying security groups
- Provide support for VM environment, including maintenance and upgrades
- Administrate the college HELP ticket system
- Support, troubleshoot, and manage installed base of Apple and Windows computers, printers and peripherals
- Manage all repairs for user-end equipment, not limited to user serviceable infrastructure
- Manage records for all user-end repairs
- Support for in-house infrastructure installations and repairs
- Provide first level information service support for all employees and students
- Manage student workers where applicable
- Support phone system (limited to infrastructure repairs and servicing)
- Keep current an inventory database of all computers, printers and peripherals
- 2 years direct user support experience with Apple and Windows OS (client and server)
- Excellent Written & Verbal skills; able to communicate with a wide variety of personalities
- Ability to troubleshoot under pressure and prioritize emergencies
- 2 years experience with backup strategies and disaster recovery
- 2 years experience with basic VMWare functions
- Applications will be accepted through Friday, December 4th
Part-time Culinary Position – Perfect 2nd Job!
McNally Smith College of Music is looking for a part time line/prep cook for our on-campus retail kitchen. We are a dynamic work environment serving our residential and commuter students, campus staff and faculty. We offer schedule flexibility with afternoon, evening and weekend hours & lots of music!
The academic year schedule provides a quality of life balance; with most holidays, semester breaks & summers off.
- At least 2 years of line cooking experience
- Proficiency and experience in food preparation; sauté, grill and batch
- Skills in inventory & receiving
- Safety and sanitation
Part time [up to 29 hrs/wk], competitive hourly with benefits package, paid holidays and PTO