Auditions are held at McNally Smith College of Music on specific dates each semester. If you are unable to audition on-site, arrangements can be made to submit a pre-recorded video audition. NOTE: The best way for faculty to assess your talent and determine your eligibility for scholarship is to have you audition in person on campus.
Below you will find a list of audition dates as well as audition requirements for each department. Download the .pdf for your primary instrument and email email@example.com indicating your primary instrument and desired audition date.
Upcoming Audition Dates (On Campus):
- Friday, Mar 24 (1–5pm)
- Friday, April 21 (1–5pm)
- Friday, May 19 (1–5pm)
- Saturday, Jun 17 (12:20–2pm) OPEN HOUSE
- Friday, July 14 (1–5pm)
- Friday, Aug 4 (1–5pm)
Upcoming Audition Dates (Off Campus):
- No dates right now — check back soon!
- Bass – Live Audition Requirements
- Bass – Video Audition Requirements
- Brass & Woodwinds – Live Audition Requirements
- Brass & Woodwinds – Video Audition Requirements
- Keyboard – Live Audition Requirements
- Keyboard – Video Audition Requirements
- Strings – Live Audition Requirements
- Strings – Video Audition Requirements
- Composition & Songwriting Video Audition and Demo Instructions – Pitched Instruments
- Composition & Songwriting Video Audition and Demo Instructions – Non-Pitched Instruments