Whether your child is just beginning his or her life in music or has been active for years, McNally Smith is here to help.
Is your child considering a life in music? Visit our Admissions office to begin learning about the process of enrollment at McNally Smith, or read about Financial Aid options for music students. You can also visit Career Services to see the many, diverse paths a life in music can take.
If you are a parent of a current student, check out you may be interested in Student Life at McNally Smith, which includes Housing & Dining, Student Organizations, Student Employment, and other services.
Parent Services can be found within the Office of Student Affairs.
We will be hosting a Parent Orientation on Tuesday, September 3, 2013 to address topics of interest to parents. Parents are encouraged to attend this orientation to familiarize yourself with the college and to learn how we support your student. While New Student Orientation is required, the Parent Orientation is entirely optional. For those of you who may not be able to attend the Parent Orientation, we are happy to mail you a copy of the Parent Orientation Handbook and include you in the periodic parent emails that originate from my office. Just as the New Student Orientation is geared for the new students, Parent Orientation is geared for the parents or guardians of the new students. There is no need for your student to attend the Parent Orientation.
Parent Orientation Schedule:
- Optional: Tour facility, Visit help stations with staff from the Bursar’s Office, Financial Aid, and Residence Hall, Visit Bookstore
- Support for Parents and Students – Student Affairs Team and Campus Safety Officer
- Dinner in the Sound Bite Cafe
- Step-By-Step College Finances – Financial Aid Representatives
- Sample Class – Get a taste of what your student will experience.
- Session geared to parents of: Transfer Students or PSEO Students or 1st Year College Students (Choose your session.)
- A Life in the Arts –David Lewis, Director Career Services and Chris Osgood, V.P. External Affairs
- Closing Remarks
In order for us to be able to properly serve you, we would be grateful if you could email email@example.com or phone us at 651-361-3425 with the following information:
- Your student’s name
- Number and names of those attending
- Special dietary concerns or disability needs
- Email address(es) that periodic Parent newsletters can be sent
- If you cannot attend, please let us know and we will forward you the Parent Orientation Handbook.
Street parking in downtown St. Paul is free after 5:00 pm. There are two parking ramps each within a block of the main 19 Exchange St. building: 7A Municipal Ramp at 13 W. Exchange St. and World Trade Center Ramp, 477 Cedar St.
On behalf of the Office of Student Affairs and the rest of the college, we are looking forward to connecting with you at the Parent Orientation!
Senior Director Student Affairs