McNally Smith is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Saint Paul and is accessible from all of the city's major highways and via air, train, bus, and car.
Coming from the North: Take 35E South to the 10th Street exit. Follow 10th Street to Cedar Street and turn left, then turn right onto Exchange Street East.
Coming from the South: Take 35 North to 35E North towards St. Paul. Take the 11th Street exit. Go straight to Cedar Street and take a right. Finally turn right onto Exchange Street East.
Coming from the West: Take 94 East to the 10th Street exit and turn right on Cedar Street. Finally turn right onto Exchange Street East.
Coming from the East: Take 94 West towards St. Paul and take the 12th Street East exit. Turn left on Cedar Street and finally turn right onto Exchange Street East.
PLEASE NOTE: The City of St. Paul is currently experiencing an elevated amount of construction due to the current Light Rail project near campus. If you have any questions about alternative routes to our campus, please contact us at 651-291-0177.
The following bus routes drop off and pick up near the McNally Smith campus:
- 3 (Wabasha St. & Exchange St.): U of M – Como Ave. – Energy Park Dr. – Maryland Ave.
- 16 (10th St. & Cedar St.): U of M – University Ave. – Midway
- 50 (10th St. & Cedar St.): Ltd. Stop – U of M – University Ave. – Midway
- 62 (Wabasha St. & 7th St.): Rice St. – Little Canada – Shoreview
- 67 (Wabasha St. & 7th St.): W. Minnehaha – Wabasha – Smith – Signal Hills
- 75 (Wabasha St. & 7th St.): Stryker – Robert – Parkview Plaza – Coveview Apts.
- 94 (10th St. & Cedar St.): Express – Minneapolis – St. Paul
- 262 (Wabasha St. & 7th St.): Ltd. Stop – 95th Ave. P&R – Rice St. – St. Paul
- 285 (10th St. & Cedar St.): Express – Forest Lake – Running Aces
For more information on bus routes, fares, and schedules, visit metrotransit.org
Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport (MSP)
McNally Smith is conveniently located 8 miles from Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport (MSP). If driving from MSP, simply take MN-5 E (which turns into West 7th Street) all the way into downtown St. Paul. Take a left on North Wabasha Street and then your first right on Exchange Street East. Click here for information regarding MSP Ground Transportation
- Main Entrance: located through the McNally Smith Courtyard, at the corner of Exchange St and Wabasha. Secure access, please ring for entrance and check in at the front desk
- Cedar Street: located on Cedar Street, between 10th Street and Exchange Street, handicap accessible entrance. Elevator and stairwell adjacent. Take either to the 1st floor for the McNally Smith Auditorium, the History Theatre, or the Atrium. Take elevator or stairwell to the 3rd floor for the McNally Smith Café.
- Theatre/Auditorium Entrance: located on the corner of 10th Street and Cedar Avenue, enters into the 1st Floor Atrium
- Skyway Entrance: enters to the 2nd floor, from the Gallery Building, a handicap accessible entrance. Continue to the end of the 2nd floor breezeway to access elevator or stairwell to the 3rd floor for the McNally Smith Café, or the 1st floor for the McNally Smith Auditorium, the History Theatre, or the Atrium. *Accessible from the 7A Municipal Parking Ramp, take elevators to the 2nd floor and follow the signs for McNally Smith College of Music.