Making Music Work:
Tools to Build and Sustain a Composition Career
April 4 and 5, 2009
McNally Smith College of Music
19 Exchange Street E.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
American Composers Forum is partnering with McNally Smith College of Music to present Making Music Work, a two-day seminar focusing on career building essentials for the contemporary composer. Workshop sessions will be led by panels comprised of industry professionals from the national as well as local music scenes. Panelists will also be available for one-to-one consultation (smART Bars) to answer specific questions of conference attendees.
- Making a Living, Making a Life
- Grants and Fellowships: The Bottom Line
- Tooting Your Own Horn (the right way)
- Going Digital
- Composer-in-the Schools & Teaching Artist Opportunities
- Copyrights and Contracts
- Issues and Ethics for the Professional Composer
For more information and to register, see: http://www.composersforum.org/programs_detail.cfm?oid=10821Newer: Grammy Nomination!
Older: Film Composer Sean McMahon Joins Faculty of McNally Smith College of Music