McNally Smith celebrates 25 years, and starts each year with something new.
2011 is the first of many bests as we begin to archive the best student-created work – songwriters, performers, arrangers, engineers, and even visual artists.
Come to Amsterdam Bar & Hall on Thursday, November 3 at 6 p.m. for the official release party and concert for Best of 2011, a collection of the best student-created work from the past year.
- Fusion Ensemble
- Tryenyse Jones
- Collin Mueller
- Colin Schwanke
- Mac Milli & Z Boy
About Best of 2011
Last spring we invited all students to submit a recording of their own to be selected for the first annual Best of compilation CD series. Over 80 songs were submitted and went through two stages of judging, paring it down to this year’s winners. These winning tracks are all original material, recorded and mixed in our campus studios, and ready for prime time. From pop/country and hip-hop to fusion, we proudly present McNally Smith’s Best of 2011.
01. “Zelda” — Emily Dussault & Collin Mueller/The Steamboatkings
02. “Gravity” — Landreth Baugh
03. “I Need A Love” — Tryenyse Jones
04. “Little Mouse” — Peter Remiger
05. “Train” — Tyler Polzin & “Abner Who?”
06. “Got Me On” — Mac Milli & Z Boy
07. “Morning” — Dustin Kiel & the Fusion Ensemble
08. “Air Supply” — Nick Wetzel
09. “Right By Me” — L Doubl E
Older: Live at Five Series Returns for 2011-12