McNally Smith College of Music is currently searching for a Human Resources Specialist.
The Human Resources Specialist is responsible for supporting the Senior Director of Human Resources in short- and long-term planning and management of all HR functions. Responsibilities include but are not limited to employment, wage & salary administration, benefits, training, employee relations, organizational development, and payroll. Payroll requires understanding of the process, practices, and methods associated with payroll tasks. Other responsibilities may include providing information to qualified employees about policies and regulations and provide universal support to all personnel.
Skills and Qualifications
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, governing all aspects of HR.
- The ability to manage every aspect of HR.
- Partner with Senior Director to ensure HR priorities are aligned with business goals and objectives.
- Help manage the recruitment process; requisitions, candidate review, selection, and hiring top quality talent.
- Work with employee relations issues.
- Oversee and manage annual benefit process, update benefit changes, qualifying events including worker’s comp, short- and long-term disability, etc.
- Coordinate annual review process.
- Maintain/update policies and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Manage and maintain EEO requirements.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Keep records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
- Records changes affecting net wages, for example exemptions and insurance coverage, for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Knowledge of wage withholding orders and garnishments.
- Respond to governmental inquiries upon receipt.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Present suggestions or recommendations to the Senior Director of Human Resources on training and educational programs, and numerous other opportunities for all employees.
- Must have at least 2+ years of payroll and human resource experience; 5 years preferred.
- Must be able to work eight hours a day, Monday thru Friday.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work independently in a time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly, timely, and accurately.
- Ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines.
- Must have experience working on Mac computers.
- Knowledge of music, musicians, and institutes of higher learning extremely helpful.
- Ability to proficiently operate a computer.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to clearly communicate in the English language.
- Ability to use a standard business telephone system for communication.
- Ability to critically analyze report data and make recommendations for system improvement.
Please send letter of interest, resume, salary requirements, and contact information (phone numbers and email addresses) for at least three past employers/professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until April 30, 2012.Newer: McNally Smith 2012-2013 Scholarship Recipients
Older: Influencial Contemporary Musician, Composer
François Rabbath to Visit McNally Smith