McNally Smith College of Music is currently seeking a Chief Financial Officer.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will provide robust, proactive, and visionary financial leadership for McNally Smith. The CFO will work with college leadership to create and oversee implementation of the long-range strategic financial plan and will create and monitor the annual operations and capital budgets. The CFO will produce timely and accurate reports and analysis including monthly profit and loss statements, balance sheets, cash flow reports, dashboard of key indicators, and provide strategic options for the board, owners, and management to review to improve efficiencies, minimize costs, and increase revenue and net profit. The CFO is the direct supervisor of all finance and operations activities at the college and as a member of the President’s Council and other college leadership committees will share overall responsibility for the well being and development of this excellent educational institution.
- Work with the President and Board of Directors to create, direct and implement the long-range strategic plan and the annual budget for the college.
- Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the college to include budgeting, real estate, and conservation assets.
- Analyze facility space planning and utilization to ensure the most efficient use of space for programs and future planning.
- Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, expenditures, and internal controls, department budgets, payroll, the general ledger, account maintenance and data entry.
- Recommend, monitor and report on benchmarks established to measure the financial and operating performance of the college, divisions and departments on a regular basis.
- Work with the Provost, Academic Dean, the Registrar, and the Senior Director of Finance and Operations to analyze direct teaching costs and recommend improvements to ensure effective and intelligent allocation of resources.
- Be proactive in identifying issues and recommending solutions to the President and the Chairman of the Board
- Support the President by preparing presentations for leadership and the Board that accurately report the financial position of the college. Offer actionable recommendations for improvement.
- Represent and provide assurance that all financial reporting is accurate, error free, and free from misrepresentation.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions. Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide college leadership and Board members. Analyzes financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas.
- Direct and coordinate debt financing and debt service payments with external agencies. Assess and monitor facility investment and repairs to ensure cost effectiveness; establish criteria for replacement versus repair of facilities.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance with minimum of 10 years of experience in a senior level finance or accounting position, MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Experience in an institution of higher education desirable; for profit education experience a plus.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge and experience in contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Knowledge and experience in finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge and experience with automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge and experience in meeting federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare thorough and accurate financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation.
- Demonstrated abilities to communicate cross-functionally throughout the college.
- Proficiency with accounting software and basic computer applications, e.g., Windows, Word, Power Point, Excel, Access.
- Must be reliable and dependable with a high degree of honesty and integrity, and able to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact and discretion.
Please send letter of interest, resume, salary requirements, and contact information (phone numbers and email addresses) for at least three past employers/professionalreferences to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until July 16, 2012.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
About McNally Smith College of Music:
McNally Smith offers a variety of music degrees and programs for study, including a Master of Music degree, Bachelor degrees, Associate degrees, and Diploma programs. The College specializes in contemporary music, not only in style and genre, but also in promoting an education that takes advantage of new digital opportunities and the changing world of the music industry. Areas of study consist of traditional music performance curriculum as well as music technology, music business, the liberal arts, hip-hop studies, and composition and songwriting. (http://www.mcnallysmith.edu)
McNally Smith College of Music is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation in employment or the provision of services.Newer: Free Music Clinics at McNally Smith During Twin Cities Jazz Festival, June 29-30th
Older: McNally Smith Faculty/Students/Alumni Performing at Stone Arch Bridge Festival, June 15-17