McNally Smith College of Music has entered into an articulation agreement with SAE Institute, a premier provider of creative media education with nine campuses across the United States. The agreement will allow SAE students to enhance and/or complete their studies with semesters at McNally Smith’s campus, as well as allow McNally Smith students to enhance their studies with semesters at SAE locations.
“We’re thrilled to partner with SAE Institute to give our students the opportunity to further develop their audio engineering, production and music business skills by studying at any of the SAE USA locations”, says McNally SmithPresident Harry Chalmiers. “We’re also excited to offer SAE graduates a pathway to earning a bachelors degree and increasing their value in the music industry with an education from McNally Smith.”
The articulation agreement, which will begin in the 2014-15 academic year, will facilitate the following:
- Graduates of SAE’s Audio Technology Program can seamlessly transition to McNally Smith’s Bachelor of Science in Music (Music Producer) or Bachelor of Arts in Music (General Studies) degree program.
- Graduates of SAE’s Music Business Programs can seamlessly transition to McNally Smith’s Bachelor of Arts in Music (Music Business) or Bachelor of Arts in Music (General Studies) degree program.
- Third and fourth year McNally Smith students can spend a semester studying at their choice of SAE’s nine U.S. campuses, and eventually, more than 50 of SAE’s international campuses.
- SAE students can spend a semester studying at McNally Smith’s campus.
- A faculty exchange program between SAE and McNally Smith is in development.
“The benefits of this agreement will be huge for students from both schools,” says National Academy Director at SAE Institute USA Bill Smith. “SAE students who study at McNally Smith will have the opportunity to ramp up their music writing and production skills by taking advantage of the school’s rich music, live performance, artistic, and studio coursework. McNally Smith students will be able to dramatically expand their professional networks by spending a semester at SAE’s New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Nashville, San Francisco, Chicago, or Miami campuses. This exchange will allow students to develop valuable skills and relationships that will enhance their training and add to their economic value as creative media professionals.”Newer: McNally Smith’s 2nd Annual Lowertown Guitar Festival Draws Over 4,000 Music Fans to Downtown St. Paul
Older: McNally Smith to Host Second Annual Lowertown Guitar Festival Saturday, August 9th in Mears Park Downtown St. Paul