Presented by McNally Smith College of Music
Sunday, June 3, 2012
Noon – 5pm
Grand Avenue at Macalester Street / Saint Paul, Minnesota
DEADLINE EXTENDED! Applications due by Friday, May 18th
Now recruiting teen bands of all sizes and styles to play on stage and compete for prizes during the Teen Battle of the Bands presented by McNally Smith College of Music as part of Grand Old Day, the Midwest’s largest one-day festival!
How to apply: Interested bands must complete the application form and materials below by Friday, May 11, 2012. Six finalist bands will be selected to perform on-stage at Grand Old Day on June 3. All band members must be age 19 or younger on June 3, 2012. Bands will be notified by Friday, May 16. For more information, contact 651-699-0029 or by e-mail email@example.com.
Once you complete this form below, please send a $25 check for registration and the Parent/Guardian Consent form to: GABA / Teen Battle of the Bands, 649 Grand Avenue, Saint Paul, MN 55105. For more information, contact 651-699-0029 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register your band today! Fill out the registration form here: http://www.grandave.com/teen-battle-bands
All bands wishing to register for the Teen Battle of the Bands presented by McNally Smith College of Music contest must read and accept the following rules and regulations.
- Participants must be 19 and under as of June 3, 2012.
- All registration materials must be complete in order to be considered: application form, music sample, band photo, band bio and a $25 registration fee. Checks must be made payable to GABA. Submit entry fee to Grand Avenue Business Association, 649 Grand Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105. REGISTRATION IS DUE NO LATER THAN MAY 11, 2012.
- The sample of music does not need to be studio produced.
- If the judges are unable to play your demo for any reason, your entry will not be considered and you will receive a full refund.
- Bands will be notified by May 16 of acceptance.
IF YOUR GROUP IS SELECTED:
- On the day of the performance, band members must be dressed in clothing free from obscenities, drugs, alcohol, sex or any other subject matter not suitable for a family audience. Band name and lyrics of performance songs must not contain any obscenities. The entire performance must be suitable for families. Drugs and alcohol (including tobacco) are not permitted.
- All bands agree to have their name, voice, and/or likenesses used in any promotional material relating to this contest without any compensation or rights to royalties for such use.
- Band members are responsible for the security of their equipment. The Grand Avenue Business Association, Grand Old Day, McNally Smith or any party acting on their behalf, will not be held responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen equipment.
- A stage and sound system will be provided. Bands must provide their own instruments.
- All bands must play live.
Older: McNally Smith Launches New iPhone App for Musicians