The Office of Student Life
The Office of Student Life is dedicated to developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with McNally Smith College of Music students and providing them with the necessary tools, support, and services to encourage a positive school experience.
The Office of Student Life:
- Is committed to providing students with the widest possible range of opportunities to prepare for a life with and/or career in music.
- Enhances all aspects of student life, including the provision of resources for students who have questions or need academic, professional, emotional, or mental support.
- Offers activities, organizations, and learning opportunities.
- Offers assistance by directing students to resources available through the college and the community.
- Provides Ombud Services (to investigate individual complaints, problems, and conflicts, and to mediate their resolution or solution).
- Provides Residential Housing services to students.
- Provides information to, and is a communication resource for parents (via newsletters, our website, pertinent articles, resources, ideas, a Parent Handbook, and a comprehensive Parent Orientation).
- Oversees the developing Alumni Services program.
- Works in conjunction with all academic divisions and administrative areas.
The McNally Smith Student Life team supports students academically, personally, and professionally. We are a student’s “one-stop shop” for questions, concerns, support, and services. Students know that they can come to our offices and be assured that if we don’t have the answer we are there to help them find it!
Counseling Services are available free of charge to enrolled McNally Smith students. Counselors provide individual and group counseling, referrals, and consultation services.