New Student Orientation Information
Welcome incoming students to Spring Semester 2018!
Orientation is fast approaching so we want to cover a few things with you between now and then. New Student Orientation is mandatory for all new students and those students returning to McNally Smith after being gone for more than two years. Plan your schedule so that you can be present the entire day.
During orientation, we cover the most important topics you need to know to set yourself up for success at McNally Smith. We ask everyone within our college community to:
- Respect others
- Respect the school
- Respect yourself
Orientation is also the way that new students begin to network and begin to build friendships and future colleagues. This may be a “do it yourself” world, but at McNally Smith we want you also to be able to “do it together.”
Please review the schedule below and look for similar information to be mailed out to you. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Admissions Representative or call Student Affairs at 651-361-3425 or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that the school will be closed between December 22 – January 2. Administrators will be back on campus beginning Wednesday, January 3, 2018. Please contact Student Affairs if you have any dietary restrictions or are in need of any accommodations for the orientation.
Spring 2018 New Student Orientation Schedule
Friday, January 19
- 9:00am – 9:30am – Check-in – Coffee & Breakfast snacks provided
- 9:35am – 10:05am – Welcome Students
- 10:10am – 11:05am – Students with Orientation Leaders
- 11:10am – 12:10pm – Programming 1
- 12:15pm – 1:00pm – Lunch Provided
- 1:05pm – 2:05pm – Programming 2
- 2:10pm – 3:10pm – Programming 3
- 3:15pm – 4:15pm – Programming 4
- 4:15pm – 4:30pm – Wrap-up – Snacks Provided
- Auditions for Spring Ensembles (by appointment – please email Steve Jennings at email@example.com to inquire about spring ensemble opportunities)
- Test-outs for Music Theory, Ear Training, and Desktop Publishing (scheduled as needed – for more information click “Placement Testing at Orientation” link below)
Prior to orientation please make sure you are able to successfully access your McNally Smith student portal (https://myportal.mcnallysmith.edu). If you are unable to log into your student portal at this time, please contact the Information Technology Offices at firstname.lastname@example.org, or click the “Forgot Username” link next to the Student Portal Homepage login button. Please ensure this is done BEFORE orientation.
We’ve created some additional resources to help prepare you for your transition to college life at McNally Smith: